Saturday, December 10, 2016

Foods Good for Kidney, Gut, Colon and Anti-Inflammatory Health

FOODS THAT ARE GOOD FOR KIDNEY, GUT AND COLON HEALTH, AND ARE ANTI-INFLAMMATORY


I spent a few hours today researching healthy foods for kidney, gut, colon and inflammation health, for reasons that you'd rather me not tell you about, believe me. Suffice it to say that I've had it, and there will be major changes in my food intake around here. (I'm a pretty decent eater to begin with, and weigh between 145-150 pounds, and am about 5'6".) I've had too much bread (especially bagels) and not enough water and, well, the other things listed here. I've drastically cut my chocolate and coffee intake because of the caffeine and acid, and I've never been a huge consumer of alcohol (outside of the once-a-week drink, or a beer or two at ballgames), so that's good. But even after just one or two beers, my digestive system lets me know I've been bad. Wine does that, too. Overall, my digestive system sucks, my immune system sucks, my sinuses suck, and I've had really bad inflammation for the last few months, especially in my sinuses, even after my drastic (and I do mean drastic) coffee reduction. (I'm allergic to other things, like my dog, and probably my work building, that I can't do much about.)

Some of these things, like nuts and seeds, I'll still have to stay away from. I'm allergic to nuts, and when seeds get into my intestinal tract, very bad things happen. I also didn't list any dairy, breads or grains because I'm intolerant of those (and a great many other daily) things. I should also point out that water and meditation are good anti-inflammatories as well. We should all have more.

So if you suffer from the same problems, I offer you my hours' worth of research, for free. Items followed by a (?) are things I'm not at all familiar with, so please comment if you are familiar with these things. And, yes, I know it's the holiday food season, but you do what you can. 

Incidentally, I tried to make 2 or 3 columns out of this, and couldn't do it for this blog (though I did for my own personal printouts). So if you can tell me how to do that, please drop me a comment. Please and thank you.

    ALL BEANS, NUTS AND SEEDS
      RASPBERRIES
        PEARS
          SMOOTHIES (?) Can anyone supply me with ideas for a lactose-free smoothie?
            AIR-POPPED POPCORN
              APRICOTS
                OATMEAL
                  DATES
                    RHUBARB
                      FIGS
                        RAISINS
                          GRAPES
                            SWEET POTATOES
                              BLACKBERRIES
                                PLUMS
                                  STRAWBERRIES
                                    APPLES
                                      PICKLES (Not olives, too?)
                                        BAKED POTATOES
                                          KIWIS
                                            ORANGES
                                              BROWN RICE
                                                ALOE VERA (?) This isn't just a hand lotion?
                                                  COFFEE
                                                    KOMBUCHA (?) I thought liquids ending with -bucha meant "alcohol."
                                                      GARLIC
                                                        MUSHROOMS
                                                          MISO SOUP
                                                            BANANAS
                                                              ONIONS
                                                                SOURDOUGH BREAD
                                                                  TEMPEH (?) Never saw this word before in my life.
                                                                    MISO PASTE
                                                                      NON-SUGARY OATMEAL (?) Can anyone advise me about, well, non-oat oatmeal?
                                                                        HONEY
                                                                          CULTURED NON-DAIRY MILK
                                                                            FISH SAUCE
                                                                              CARROTS
                                                                                KALE
                                                                                  BLUEBERRIES
                                                                                    GREEN TEA
                                                                                      CELERY
                                                                                        OLIVE OIL
                                                                                          EGGS
                                                                                            CHICKEN
                                                                                              TURKEY
                                                                                                AMARANTH BISCUITS (?)

                                                                                                No comments:

                                                                                                Post a Comment