Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas


Photo: From a Xmas card given to me this year by a co-worker. (Sorta looks like another co-worker.)

Just a quick post to say Merry Christmas. Thanks to all my readers--We broke 100,000 pageviews today! I'm honored that so many wanted to click on something I wrote, even if it was my better half 100,000 times. (Just kidding. I started the blog long before I knew her.)

Thanks also to those who read yesterday's blog (Skip to the last sentence if you read about this yesterday) about helping a man who was hit, with his two dogs, by a speeding car. One dog just came back yesterday, after being missing a week! The other one is alive, but in need of an operation to either fix his leg or to amputate it. The operation will cost $7,500, and there's a GoFundMe page set up here:


I know it's a financially strapped time of year, but please do what you can for Angus, a really cute-looking dog. Here he is:



The one who returned yesterday is going to need a little TLC as well, so anything you can do for these local dogs would be appreciated. (Some have given $5, which is still great.) Out of the $7,500 needed, $2,490 has been raised. Every penny or dollar helps.

And that's it! Have a great and safe holiday! May Santa be good to you, every single year.

2 comments:

  1. I just donated to the Go Fund Me page for Angus! It's so hard to deal with sick/injured pets as it is, so I will gladly donate what I can to make it easier. I'm pretty cynical too, but this story was extremely heart warming. Kacy was brought home on Christmas Eve. It doesn't get any better than that?!

    I re-posted the Go Fund Me page on my Facebook to help spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you to donate and to spread the word, Diane. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

      Delete