Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Change in the Blog

Tomorrow will mark a change in this blog.  I've decided that from now on, it'll only be about my writing specifically, mystery writing in general, or mysteries--true crime or fiction--specifically.  That's it.  In other words, my writing, or mysteries, all the time.  The idea of this blog, after all, is to a) attract an audience, and b) attract an audience for my work!  I've been doing too much of one and not enough of the other.

No more.  So don't go anywhere, anyone, 'cuz I'll still have things to say.  It'll just be more focused.

Look for a different blog about any musings I'll have about books, or anything else, coming soon to a different page.

To start this off, how many of you watch History Detectives?  Well, what if a History Detectives-type guy, Tukufu Zuberi perhaps, because he's amusing and charismatic, got a lead from a viewer and, in the process of researching it, got in over his head?  I can't picture Tukufu Zuberi getting in over his head in anything, but if he did, he'd handle it, right? 

So this is a new novel idea--I know, maybe the 7th in the past four weeks, and it's at the planning stage and outlining stage.  This will have to be a heavily-researched item--I'll have to research researchers!--but I'm excited about this as well.

I really am better at starting than I am at finishing.  But this is a good problem to have.  I'd much rather have too many ideas than too few.  I'll continue to stockpile 'em and work on them as they come.

And get more organized... 

No comments:

Post a Comment