Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Few Mystery- or Crime-related Epigrams

Monk, first panel: Remember, it’s better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
Hagar, second panel: But I enjoy cursing the darkness!


                        ---Chris Browne, Hagar, the Horrible
                                    11/27/93


One can see only what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.


                        ---Alphonse Bertillon, French criminologist.


Mr. and Mrs. America you are wrong.  I am not the King of the Jews, nor am I a hippie cult leader.  I am what you have made of me and the mad dog devil killer fiend leper is a reflection of your society…Whatever the outcome of this madness that you call a fair trial or Christian justice, you can know this: In my mind's eye, my thoughts light fires in your cities.


                        ---Charles Manson.


According to the U.S. Department of Justice, roughly one-third of all homicides become cold.


                        ---Marilyn vos Savant,
                        Parade, Oct. 7, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment