Friday, March 23, 2012

Comment on "Hide the Weird," from the Spring 2012 Issue of Space and Time

Hello, Space and Time readers, blog followers, friends, e-friends, and, hey, even if you accidentally stumbled upon this, looking for something else!  I hope you read and liked the story.  Please comment on it below--or, if you're bashful, shoot me an email, listed in this blog's header.  I promise to get back to you in a timely fashion!

I'd be honored to sign your issue for you, if you'd like.  Just send me an email and we'll make arrangements.  I ask, via the honor system, that, in return, you consider sending a couple bucks to your local ASPCA (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals).  I donate to these guys all the time; they do great work.  You can read more about them here.  (Feel free to skip the very sad pictures; I can't bear to watch the depressing commercials, either.)  If you have a favorite charity you'd rather give to, by all means do so.  I'm very low maintenance.

As far as cost, that's it.  I'm not so huge that I'm comfortable charging for autographs.  Yet.  :-)

Okay, so back to happier things!  Let me know what you think about the story.  And, as always, thanks for reading my stuff.  I look forward to our communication!

Update: Thanks for the emails, guys.  Nice to hear from ya.  Keep 'em comin'!  And don't be afraid to leave a comment below, too.

4 comments:

  1. I liked the story, really well done and visual. You not only tell a great story but you make us see it as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Suzanne! I've had plenty of emails about the story, but you're the first one to place a comment about it. Thanks for doing so! You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I've *finally* read your short story! To be fair I just recently got my hands on the magazine. I agree with Suzanne's comment above about it being visual. It's very crucial to be able to picture what is happening. I got a real sense of Ray's panic as he dealt with these visions and trying to come to terms with whether he should act upon them or risk altering fate and not cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum! (clearly I've seen too many time travel movies)

    I'm one of those people who does not believe life is predetermined. As the line goes in Terminator 2: "There is no fate but what we make for ourselves." I think we are destined to change our lives as we see fit and it's not mapped out for us before we're born. If I were receiving these glimpses into a possible future I'd indeed go insane! I wouldn't want that kind of power even if it did save a loved one. That's not to say I wouldn't use it for that purpose, but it would drive me insane hiding that ability all the time. Much like with your main character!

    Anyway--it was a very interesting piece and I congratulate you again on getting it published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the kind words. Sorry for the VERY late response...Going through some things here, post-Nemo, and I just didn't see it before. But I do appreciate the compliments and the time it took you to write it.

      Delete