Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Open Submissions--For Money and for Free

A quick word out there for all writers with genre stories (especially horror, and specific horror) to sell: Key in words "open submissions" into Google and see what you get.  You'll find tons of anthologies looking for stories, which I never in a million years would've guessed.  Magazines, too, but anthologies by the ton.  Some want stories for free (ie--contributors copies), but I copied and pasted many that paid one cent a word or more.  If you're an unpublished beginner, getting an acceptance in an anthology for copies isn't that bad; if you've been published, you want to go for the money, even if it isn't much.  I'm going to send stuff to those, maybe, and I'm editing a piece right now for another anthology of a different sort.  Wish me luck on it!

I have two mystery short stories and a slice-of-life story that need a home, so I need to find time to send those out.  Maybe there are mystery anthologies out there looking for stories?  There's gotta be.

Thanks to Suzanne for opening my eyes to these.

No comments:

Post a Comment