Saturday, October 23, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to my blog.   My name is Steven E. Belanger, and I'm starting this blog for other writers, agents, magazine editors and readers, and really anyone interested in reading and/or the writing business.  I hope all of you get something out of it.  For now, I'll leave you with my website.  Take a look at the novel excerpt there--prologue and chapter one of Cursing the Darkness.  (I am currently seeking representation for that novel.)  You will also find a link re: my short story, "Hide the Weird," soon to be published in an issue of Space and Time: The Magazine of Fantasy, Horror and Science Fiction .  Check out that fine magazine and read a few good stories while you wait for them to publish mine!

I will try to remain positive and hopeful.  If you're looking for complaints about specific people and/or specific agencies, you've come to the wrong place.  While I'm not exactly Mr. Upbeat and Cheerful all the time, I will make this blog productive and insightful.  I have enough negativity as it is in my life, please and thank you.

I will try not to succumb to shameless self-promotion.  I guess that means that I will shamelessly promote others I believe worthwhile, as well.

In your comments, please be nice and/or professional.  I will always attempt to do the same.

If you like what you see, please spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment