Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016



Photo: From freepik.com

Things I'm Thankful for in 2016:

--I've got a better half who's great to me and for me. I haven't always been with someone who was both (or either), so this is a welcome change. Many people don't have someone special at all. Some who are married can't even say that. How many miserable unmarried people do you know? I know some happily married people--and I know some that make you wonder.

--Jackson the Greyhound is 14 and still living the high life. Which, for him, revolves around eating and sleeping, and going for strolls and rides.

--My good career and benefits. Lots of people don't have either of those, too.

--Purpose outside of my job. I have someone and something to come home to. Many come home to a TV or computer. I have those (and I have blogs), but I have more, thank God. I know too many couch potatoes and phone slaves. No thanks.

--Creative ability. Not all the writing sells, but that's okay. Keep on keeping on. Boredom is a death to me, so I really appreciate this. I'll throw hobbies into this, too, as I think they're a branch of creativity.

--Respectful neighbors.

--Not too many financial pitfalls, though I probably need brake work as I'm typing this.




What I Want to Say I'm Thankful for in 2017:

--Better time management skills. I should be writing more, and more consistently.

--That the USA hasn't come under chaos or martial law by this time next year. I hope I look back upon this next year and chastise myself for worrying too much. We'll see.

--That the better half and Jackson are as happy with me then as they are now. Or happier!


What're you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It's been almost a week since Thanksgiving, but it's still November so I figured a comment would still be acceptable.

    I am thankful for those in my life who mean the most to me. My special someone and my pet. Having those two to come home to have been such a blessing.

    I am thankful for the roof over my head, the food on my table, the heat that comes on when it's cold, the walks I take with my dog, the safety I feel in my neighborhood, the supervisor who I get along with, the text messages and facebook posts that keep me connected to my sisters, the phone calls I'm still able to share with my mother, the poor eyesight I have which is better than no eyesight, for all the great movies I watched this year, those summer nights at McCoy Stadium, and for the bay window I can put my Christmas tree in front of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all awesome things to be thankful for. And it's never a bad time to be thankful! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete